Promotional Partnership Policy
Through the Marketing department, WFAE partners with non-profit groups across the region on a variety of non-fundraising events that may be of interest to our listeners. Generally, these media/promotional partnerships include on-air and online exposure on the station. In return, the station receives recognition, ticket and presence opportunities.
WFAE is also a locally-owned, independent, non-profit radio station. Our success depends on individual donations and business sponsorships. To ensure the station’s ability to continue to bring award-winning news and programming to a growing audience in the Charlotte region, the station asks partnering organizations to purchase an underwriting package of at least $1,000. This requirement is waived if:
- The partnering organization has purchased a business sponsorship of at least $1,000 within in the last 12 months.
- The partnering organization has purchased a business sponsorship of at least $1,000 for a future campaign within the next 12 months.
- Exceptions to this requirement may be made on a case-by-case basis.
Information about business sponsorships is available at email@example.com.
Promotional partnership agreements do not include any promise or guarantee of editorial exposure by the News Department or Charlotte Talks. Partnering organizations are welcome to pitch their events and activities on their own.
WFAE receives numerous requests for media partnerships. While the station tries to partner with many groups on a wide range of events, we can't accommodate every request.
To be considered for a media partnership, send the following information sent to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Event date(s)
- Event description
- Expected attendance
- Information about audience demographics, if available
- What is the organization looking for in a media partner?
- What other media (print, television, Internet, etc.) will be included through cash or in-kind sponsorship?
- What exposure opportunities could the station receive?
- What's a timeline for a decision?