Become A Sustaining Member

Thank you for becoming a WFAE sustaining member!

Becoming a sustainer provides a source of stable support for the programs you count on and value by helping us save costs on expenses. When you become a sustainer, your donation will renew year after year, and your credit or debit card will automatically be billed, or an automatic withdrawal will be made from your bank account. As a result, your membership is on-going and without the hassle of renewal reminders from us. You will receive one anniversary letter from us each year giving you the option of upgrading, changing or cancelling your membership. You set the amount and you decide when to stop or change your giving level at any time. 

Sustainer Benefits:
• Automatic entry into all WFAE sweepstakes!
• An annual tax receipt each January, documenting cumulative gifts for the calendar year.
• No additional renewal notices.

WFAE Sustainer FAQ

Q: What does it mean to be a sustainer?

A: Becoming a sustainer means your pledge will automatically roll over every 12 months. Your card will automatically be charged, or a withdrawal with be made from your bank account, and your membership will automatically renew.

Q: How do I become a sustaining member?

A: You can become a sustaining member by pledging online and checking the sustainer box, or by contacting our membership department by phone: 704-549-9323, or e-mail:

Q: As a sustainer, am I entered into sweepstakes?

A: Yes, you are automatically entered into ALL on-air sweepstake offers for the year.

Q: As a sustainer, am I still eligible for the benefits of the membership levels?

A: Yes, when you set up your pledge to automatically renew, you are still eligible for the benefits of the membership levels. Click here for the benefits.

Q: Is my contribution still tax-deductible?

A: We will send you a tax receipt every January stating your total contributions from the previous calendar year.

Q: What if my credit card expires or changes?

A: If your credit card expires or changes, or if you move banks, please call WFAE’s Membership Department at 704-549-9323 or e-mail We cannot currently accept credit card changes online.

Q: Can I draft payments from my banking or savings account?

A: Absolutely! You can fill out our ACH form below and e-mail it to or fax it to 704-547-8851.

Q: How can I change or cancel my sustaining pledge?

A: You can change or cancel your sustaining pledge at any time. Simply call WFAE’s Membership Department at 704-549-9323 or e-mail

Q: Is my contribution still eligible for a match if I work for a Matching Gift company?

A: Yes, the match will be based on the full amount of your contribution.