Do you love public radio and NPR®? If so, keep reading!
This is an exceptional opportunity for a mission-minded and innovative multi-media sales professional. Join our team and generate sponsorship revenue for radio, on-demand audio, digital display and events for WFAE 90.7, Charlotte’s NPR News Source. Make an impact while working with a team of smart, creative, collaborative colleagues.
We Do Work that Matters
Market Enginuity is a unique organization that provides outsourced corporate sponsorship sales to podcast producers and public radio and television stations in 17 U.S. markets. Recognized as a leader in generating corporate sponsorship for public broadcasting stations, our 135+ employees are committed to helping our clients better serve their communities while helping sponsors grow their businesses.
Challenging, Engaging and Rewarding Work
An account executive in public media is similar to a salesperson in commercial broadcasting or local print media. In this outside sales position, you will sell radio sponsorship messages, digital media and event sponsorships. In this consultative sales role, you will call on decision makers at local businesses, meet with them to understand their marketing needs, and develop proposals that offer marketing solutions to help grow their businesses. This is a full life cycle sales position: you will prospect, conduct needs assessments, create and present proposals, close sales, write copy and service the account. You will focus on developing new business while managing and growing an account list.
Are You a Match?
- Media sales experience - 3+ years, sales in broadcast and digital preferred
- New business development – open doors and close new business by using a disciplined sales process
- Time and resource management skills - prioritize effectively to achieve and exceed sales plan goals
- Market research ability – gather data, use it to sell multiple platforms
- Relationship building – establish face-to-face and virtual relationships to achieve trust and credibility
- Patient, yet persistent to manage a longer sales cycle
- Communication skills - thoughtful and persuasive verbal and written abilities
- Create and present credible and professional visual presentations
- Passion for WFAE and all that the station offers - a BIG fan! Knowledge of programming /events is beneficial.
- Smart – one who “gets it” and thinks strategically to achieve station, client and personal goals
- Collaborative personality - a team member who communicates with management and peers for feedback/insight
- Positivity - thoughtful and committed to follow through on company sales initiatives and contests while bringing a positive attitude to the workplace
- 4-year college degree - Marketing, Business or related field preferred
What We Offer
- Compensation package: Market competitive and focused on growth
- Comprehensive benefits package designed to protect you and your family: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability and life plans; employee assistance program. Retirement Savings: 401(k) plan.
- Opportunities for rest, relaxation and personal pursuits with our generous Personal Time Off (PTO) policy and Holiday Schedule
- Targeted sales training and dedicated management support
- Smart, creative and collaborative team
- Core values that include a commitment to the success of all stakeholders, a healthy work-life balance and mutual trust, dignity and respect
In addition to your resume, please submit a cover letter noting why you believe you would be an asset on our team, how your skills align with our needs, and experience that qualifies you for this position.
Market Enginuity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender or gender identity (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.