Two More Homicides In Charlotte

Aug 11, 2017

There have been two more homicides in Charlotte. There have now been 57 homicides in Charlotte so far this year.  This time last year there were 33.

CMPD says officers responded to an assault with a deadly weapon call around 2:00 a.m. this morning on Ginger Lane in northeast Charlotte. Officers found a male and female with apparent gunshot wounds.  The male was later pronounced dead at the hospital.  He has been identified as 23-year-old Joshua Duckworth.  [note: CMPD on Saturday corrected the identity of this homicide victim to: 23-year old Joshua Anthoni Burris.] The female was taken to the hospital with what the department says are non-life threatening injuries. 

Around 7:30 p.m. last night officers responded to another assault with a deadly weapon call on Pleasant Dale Drive. Officers found a male with apparent gunshot wounds.  The male was pronounced dead at the scene and has been identified as 23-year-old Jamario McNeely. Police have charged 27-year-old George Fernandez in the murder. 

WFAE's tracking the rising number of homicides through an interactive timeline here