Make an impact on the community. Work with a team of smart, collaborative colleagues.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a mission–minded and innovative IT professional.
WFAE, an award-winning public radio station serving the Charlotte region for more than 35 years, seeks a Network Systems Administrator, who will be responsible for maintaining WFAE’s computer and network infrastructure and assisting the Director of Engineering with broadcast operations. Directly oversees the effective operation of WFAE’s computer, networking, telecommunications and overall IT infrastructure. Knowledge and proven experience in Microsoft Server and Windows environment is essential. Performs a variety of IT functions supporting end users. This position requires a broad range of knowledge and experience in IT management, email administration, software user support, network security, and system design. Work as a part of the broadcast engineering team to maintain all of WFAE’s technical facilities and systems.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Network/Systems Administration for email, Windows networking and other systems
- Ensure security of data & network access
- Recommend, implement, and support all Computer Workstations, Laptops, and Servers
- End User Support for IT and broadcast systems
- Strategic Technology Planning
- Inventory and vendor management
- Manage backups & disaster recovery
- Assist Director of Engineering with broadcasting RF and audio systems
- 3 years+ experience managing Microsoft network platforms, Windows desktop environments, network server administration and routers/firewalls
- TCP/IP networking, Windows and Apple operating systems, Microsoft Office, email clients, and basic Linux and Windows server administration, network and desktop security required
- Familiarity with basic audio concepts and software, Internet audio streaming, VMWare and basic scripting is desirable.
- Microsoft certification(s) a plus
- Excellent troubleshooting, communication, and follow-up skills plus experience working in a time-sensitive broadcast media environment
- Bachelor’s degree in computer or engineering related field or equivalent experience
- Strong organizational, communications (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills required
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks independently
Please send cover letter (including salary requirements) and resume to email@example.com with the title of the position in the subject line.