Make an impact on the community. Work with a team of smart, collaborative colleagues.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a mission –minded and innovative multimedia journalist.
WFAE, an award-winning public radio station serving the Charlotte region for more than 35 years, seeks a multimedia journalist to report, shoot and edit news stories and packages. You will be working with a team of journalists and other media professionals who are passionate about creating journalism that informs, enriches and inspires our local community. We work hard, have lots of fun and support each other in reaching our goals.
The multimedia journalist will be responsible for building out a video library of highly-engaging news, enterprise, social content. In addition, the role requires a person with a passion for local news and for creatively capturing the narratives of the people, places, traditions, issues and challenges of the Charlotte region. The multimedia journalist will work closely with other newsroom staff to identify and create video content.
The multimedia journalist will report to the Managing Editor for News and Digital. The successful candidate will be expected to work evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary. This job is located in Charlotte, N.C.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Shooting and editing news video
- Creating socially tuned video content
- Producing enterprise video
- Participating in the daily news meeting to pitch video ideas
- Working with editors to create video explainers
- Working with reporters and editors to produce video to accompany stories and projects
- Utilizing listening tools to create videos driven by audience interests
- 2+ years of producing video journalism
- Advanced video editing skills
- Solid reporting skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively and also work independently
- Experience working in a fast-paced news environment
- Experience promoting programming and content through social and other online platforms
- Strong news or programming judgment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to understand analytics and leverage insights to improve content and build audience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include Multimedia Journalist as the subject line of your email. Please include your salary requirements in your cover letter in order for us to consider your application.
WFAE is a fast-paced public radio station offering an exciting and creative work environment. We look for ambitious and dedicated people ready for challenges. We offer a generous benefit package and competitive compensation.
Across WFAE, we strive to:
❏ Exemplify the highest levels of integrity and public trust.
❏ Serve as a national and industry model of journalistic excellence.
❏ Be doggedly committed to telling great stories and serving the public.
❏ Succeed through teamwork, respect and collaboration.
❏ Include diverse people, voices, thoughts and perspectives at every level of our work.
❏ Value and reward creativity, curiosity and humor.
❏ Be bold and take risks in service to journalism and our mission.
❏ Enter every room with a spirit of generosity and gratitude.