WFAE is a fast-paced public radio station offering an exciting and creative work environment. We look for ambitious and dedicated people ready for challenges. We offer a generous benefit package and competitive compensation.
Across WFAE, we strive to:
- Exemplify the highest levels of integrity and public trust.
- Serve as a national and industry model of journalistic excellence.
- Be doggedly committed to telling great stories and serving the public.
- Succeed through teamwork, respect and collaboration.
- Include diverse people, voices, thoughts and perspectives at every level of our work.
- Value and reward creativity, curiosity and humor.
- Be bold and take risks in service to journalism and our mission.
- Enter every room with a spirit of generosity and gratitude.
If our work in engaging listeners with regional, national and international issues excites you, we want to hear from you.
Make an impact on the community. Work with a team of smart, collaborative colleagues.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a mission–minded and innovative membership manager. This position will oversee the creation and execution of various WFAE membership initiatives, including, but not limited to scheduling and production of quarterly on-air fundraising campaigns; analysis of fundraising initiatives; member research; member/audience services; ordering and distribution of fundraising premiums; assistance with direct mail, email fundraising and telemarketing efforts; off-air fundraising initiatives and more.
The ideal candidate will have experience working at a large membership organization. Knowledge of public media, as well as experience with on-air fundraising and database experience preferred.
- Scheduling and execution of on-air fundraising campaigns
- Analysis of various fundraising campaigns
- Donor/Member Research
- Ordering and Distribution of Fundraising Thank You Gifts
- Assistance with Off-Air fundraising initiatives, including direct mail, email fundraising and telemarketing
- Research of Membership Trends/Providing Recommendations Based on Research
- Providing Timely and Accurate Membership Reports to Executive Director of Advancement and other Executive Team Members
- Regular “Customer Service” Interactions with Members and Listeners
- Regularly engage with WFAE sustaining members
- Develop strategies to increase member retention rates; increase sustainer donations and encourage members to contribute via EFT
- Minimum of two years working in a large membership organization.
- Fundraising Experience
- Experience working with databases, Salesforce experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Broadcasting or Applicable Fundraising Experience
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position in the subject line.