Broadcast Traffic Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
WFAE seeks a detail oriented, organized, self-motivated individual to join our team at WFAE 90.7. The Traffic Manager is responsible for:
- Entering all client and contract information into the Marketron traffic system
- Scheduling of underwriting orders and copy, as well as invoicing
- Reviewing daily broadcast logs and discrepancy reports to ensure correct placement of underwriting spots
- Creating management reports, including projections
- Coordinates with Content Production Manager and Engineering to maintain technical clocks and log templates.
- Provides backup support to the Corporate Development Director, Chief Financial Officer, Web Manager, and Corporate Development team.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned, assists the team in meeting its common goals.
- 2-4 years broadcast traffic manager experience, bachelors’ degree required
- Broadcast traffic system experience preferred (Marketron Traffic is a plus), intermediate MS Excel skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills
- Proven ability to multi-task, strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to contribute to building a positive team spirit and support everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Must be able to lift 10 pounds, bend, stretch and sit for extended periods of time.
WFAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position in the subject line.
WFAE 90.7 is a member-supported, locally owned, independent radio station committed to delivering the highest quality news and public affairs programming for its 200,000 listeners in the Carolinas. WFAE is the most listened-to public radio station in the Charlotte area, offering a broad range of national, international, and regional news from National Public Radio, the BBC, Public Radio International, American Public Media, and WFAE’s award-winning newsroom. The station is committed to providing fact-based, in-depth information that helps create a more informed, engaged, and empowered community. The station has garnered over 40 journalistic honors, including four Edward R. Murrow awards from the Radio Television Digital News Association. The staff produces the award-winning Charlotte Talks, hosted daily by Mike Collins. The station’s “Public Conversations Series” brings the community together to discuss important issues in a community forum.