Make an impact on the community. Work with a team of smart, collaborative colleagues.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a mission-minded and innovative multi-media sales professional. In this role, you will generate sponsorship revenue for radio, digital media and events for our client station WFAE 90.7.
@ Market Enginuity, We Do Work that Matters
Market Enginuity employs the largest public media sales force in the United States. A unique organization, we provide outsourced corporate sponsorship sales for public radio and television stations’ broadcast and digital assets in 16 markets throughout the country.
Recognized as a leader in public media corporate sponsorship, our 130+ employees are committed to helping our client stations better serve their communities, while offering sponsors the opportunity to grow their businesses.
A Master of the Art of the Sale
In this outside sales position you will sell radio sponsorship messages, digital media and event sponsorships and focus on developing new business while managing and growing an account list. An Account Executive in public media is similar to that of a seller of commercial media. In this full-cycle sales position you will prospect, develop new relationships with decision makers at local businesses, meet to conduct needs assessments, create and present proposals that offer solutions, close the sale, craft sponsorship messages and service the account. Own the opportunity to have a direct impact on growing your income.
Required | Preferred Skills
- 3+ years media sales experience - broadcast and digital preferred
- 4 year college degree; marketing, business or related field is preferred
- Passion for public media -- We are looking for a BIG fan who values the programming!
- Time and resource management skills utilized effectively to exceed sales goals
- Ability to utilize a disciplined sales strategy in order to keep the process moving, work ahead and juggle multiple client interactions
- Track record of effectively developing client strategies
- Ability to open doors and close new business
- Capacity to gather market data and use it to sell multiple platforms
- Ability to craft client-focused sales proposals and presentations
- Thoughtful and persuasive verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Knack for cultivating relationships built on trust and credibility
- Patience and persistence for the occasion of a longer sales cycle
- Collaborative personality and reverence for communication with management and peers for insight and feedback
- A positive attitude and thoughtful demeanor
- Computer skills: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SalesForce. Experience with Scarborough, Media Audit and/or Nielsen a plus!
Benefits You Can Count On
- Market-competitive compensation package focused on growth
- Comprehensive benefits package designed to protect you and your family including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability and life plans, employee assistance program, 401k retirement savings plan
- Opportunities for rest, relaxation and personal pursuits via our generous paid time off policy and holiday schedule
- Targeted sales training and dedicated management support
- Core values that include a commitment to the success of all stakeholders, a healthy work-life balance and mutual trust, dignity and respect
APPLICATION REQUIREMENT: In addition to your resume, please submit a cover letter noting why you believe you would be an asset on our team, how your skills align with our needs, and past experience that qualifies you for this position.
Visit our website for more information: https://marketenginuity.com/work-with-us/?p=job%2FoTDp5fwK