We are in a unique moment: Many of Charlotte’s top leaders are African-American. We talk with some of them - Mayor Vi Lyles, Police Chief Kerr Putney, DA Spencer Merriweather, and City Manager Marcus Jones in a special WFAE Public Conversation tonight - "Building An Inclusive City." Register to attend this free public forum .
- From Bellingham to Tallahassee Students 'Walk Out' Demanding Gun Reform
- Donald Trump Jr. Is Impressed By The 'Smile On A Face' Of India's Poor
- Sexual Harassment In Nashville Spurs A New Bill To Extend Protections To Artists
- After Parkland, States Take A Fresh Look At Gun Legislation
- Pakistan Says It Dodged U.S. Efforts To Put It On A Terror-Finance List
Here's a riddle: Imagine two roads in Charlotte, one in the north, one in the south. Both have four lanes and plenty of rush hour traffic, but one has streetlights while the other doesn't. Seem weird?