The CMPD officer who shot Reuben Galindo will not face criminal charges, says Mecklenburg County District Attorney Andrew Murray. Galindo, a 29-year-old Hispanic man, called police on the night of September 6th, saying he had a gun with no bullets and wanted officers to come to his home. After a brief encounter with officers, Galindo was shot twice and died steps away from his home. The gun in Galindo's possession did not have ammunition. Murray says although the shooting is tragic, it was...
FAQ City Voices
- As Native Americans Face Job Discrimination, A Tribe Works To Employ Its Own
- AC/DC Cofounder And Guitarist Malcolm Young Dies, Age 64
- Joe Biden Remembers His Son In His New Memoir
- To Save Their Water Supply, Colorado Farmers Taxed Themselves
- Azzedine Alaia, French Fashion Designer Known As The 'King Of Cling,' Dies
A listener wrote to us not long ago asking what could be done to compel Charlotteans to regularly interact with residents of different races, classes, lifestyles, and beliefs.