Several members of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg school board vowed to do whatever they can to defeat any legislation that would allow officials in the town of Matthews to create a charter school. House Bill 514 would do just that. School board members say the bill will lead to higher taxes in Matthews and increased segregation in CMS.
- FDA Panel Affirms Safety Of Painkiller Celebrex
- Germany Gets Rid Of Its Top Music Prize After Anti-Semitism Controversy
- Two Years After End Of Ebola Crisis, Survivors Sue To Receive Promised Aid
- Influential Guru Asaram Bapu Given Life Sentence For Raping Teenage Girl
- You Are Here: Scientists Unveil Precise Map Of More Than A Billion Stars
WFAE's Charlotte Talks with Mike Collins celebrates 20 years on air Friday, April 20. This interactive timeline highlights some of the show's top moments.