A group hoping to bring a Major League Soccer team to Charlotte asked a City Council committee Thursday for financial help building a new soccer stadium. The Economic Development Committee's chair says any city contribution will be far less than the $44 million originally requested. The leader of the MLS bid says he can work with that.
- Besson's Dazzling But Dull 'Valerian And The City Of A Thousand Planets'
- The Navy Gets Its First Female SEAL Candidate
- Conservative Political Blogger Confirmed For Seat On Federal Appeals Court
- Is It A Good Idea To Pay Villagers Not To Chop Down Trees?
- Linkin Park Singer Chester Bennington Dead At 41