Some controversial parts of the proposed student assignment plan for Charlotte-Mecklenburg schools are being revised in preparation for a board vote on it Wednesday night.
- Miami's Zika Outbreak Began Months Before It Was First Detected
- Hot Tip On Old Heist Could Be Worth $10 Million, Gardner Museum Says
- What Does An Expanding Universe Really Mean?
- After Botched Raid, Philippines Tries To Reclaim A City Under Siege
- Fitness Trackers: Good at Measuring Heart Rate, Not So Good At Measuring Calories
The Supreme Court strikes down North Carolina’s 2011 Congressional redistricting, saying Republicans illegally used race to draw the lines. Meanwhile, police have identified a pedestrian killed in the University City area Sunday as a 35-year-old man. And a Duke University student’s body has been found in Massachusetts after he went missing. Afternoon headlines on WFAE.