There are numerous agencies and non-profits in Charlotte that help residents with their rent, utility bills, housing and other emergency needs. Last year a new crisis assistance program joined those ranks, and it's run by the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department.
- Uber Eats Driver Allegedly Shoots And Kills Customer In Atlanta
- 'More Than War Fighters': Active-Duty Athletes Compete In Olympics Bobsled And Luge
- Seismic Surveys Planned Off U.S. Coast Pose Risk To Marine Life
- Scientists Develop A Way To Use A Smartphone To Prevent Food Poisoning
- 'He's Not A Leading Man': A Casting Director On Rembrandt's Self-Portraits
Here's a riddle: Imagine two roads in Charlotte, one in the north, one in the south. Both have four lanes and plenty of rush hour traffic, but one has streetlights while the other doesn't. Seem weird?